Business Development Manager
What we’re building:
Advisable.com’s goal is to make finding & hiring a top freelancer with any skill imaginable as easy as booking an Uber.
This means providing instant recommendations of talent based on complex client queries across hundreds of specialist skills – backed by a no questions asked money-back guarantee.
We’ve made tonnes of progress towards this goal and have been growing fast, doing 7 figures in bookings since launch. Our clients include companies like Stack Overflow, Lambda School and Zappos, and a number of freelancers have earned over $100,000 from their work on Advisable. Clients love our service with an average freelancer rating of 9.33/10.
However, we’re just getting started and we recently raised $2.5m in additional funding from Frontline Ventures, FJ Labs and some of Europe’s leading angels, including the founders of Supercell and Pipedrive.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for someone in the early stages of their career who wants to have a huge impact, learn a lot, and be a part of something big.
In this role you’ll drive Advisable’s growth by working with new and existing clients to understand their most pressing talent problems – then solve them rapidly using our proprietary freelancer sourcing and vetting process.
It is well suited to someone who enjoys working to understand client needs, solve their problems and get quick, tangible results and feedback on their proposed solutions.
- Sell: Own the full sale cycle from lead to close
- Be the face of the company, the clients’ go-to contact person
- Communicate extensively with clients on the phone and via email
- Solve client problems: assess their needs, distill what they are looking for and synthesize it into a concise job brief
- Project Manage: Own and ensure project delivery
- Ensure suitable freelancers are identified and delivered on-time and on-budget
- Ensure client’s expectations are exceeded
- Do whatever it takes to get the project across the finish line
- Improve Processes: Lead and contribute to team projects to develop and refine our sales process
- Improve Product: Engage with Product and Engineering teams to help drive product strategy
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Great communication skills as well as the ability to engage any audience
- You’re a passionate person. Whether your passion is for analytics, processes, building relationships or acquiring new clients, we have a place for you
- You are an analytical thinker with an interest in account management and business development, but above all you are a people’s person and you love to talk and interact with people
- You’re inventive and always keen to try new things. You believe that nothing can ever be perfect, and that testing and experimentation is always important
- This role requires the ability to learn quickly, an entrepreneurial, agile mindset (you will need to quickly create and change hypotheses and processes and be comfortable dealing with uncertainty)
- The appetite to proactively take ownership of projects – this is a small team with massive scope to contribute
- You believe in constantly striving: we’re constantly working to be better and improving every element of what we do.
- You want to build something with impact: you want what you build to have a significant impact on real people.
- You want to work with an A+ team: our team has scaled startups that have sold to Google, built beautiful products across a range of industries, managed leading accelerators, and also worked in the traditional consultancy world.
- You value autonomy & responsibility: while working effectively with the team is key, we want people we can trust to be responsible for their own work.
- You want to work remotely: our team is based in Ireland and Germany but Advisable.com is a remote-first company.
- You want to help shape our culture: we’re still a small team so every hire will help shape our culture and company as we grow.
- If located outside of North America, you’re willing to work 14:00-22:00 CEST on weeknights to have availability on your calendar for client calls in North America.
Fill out a brief application here. We’ll get back to you with feedback within 24 hours.
Include a link to a short video introducing yourself, your background, and why you’re interested in working with Advisable for us to get a feel for your personality.
We review and action all applications as soon as they come in so you’ll get feedback within 2 days whether you’re unsuccessful or successful.
If you’re unsuccessful and don’t agree with our verdict, apply again.