Community Marketing Manager
Are you a sociable and energetic problem-solver with a passion for community-building and an interest in marketing?
Are you excited by the idea of having a key role at a well-funded, 2-year-old startup that already counts companies like Stack Overflow, Zappos & Lambda School among its clients?
If so, read on:
Advisable.com has helped hundreds of world-class freelancers across 500 different marketing skills earn millions of dollars in income by helping them get hired by clients like SAP, Zappos, and Stack Overflow.
These freelancers are often world-leading experts in their areas of specialisation – from content marketing, to Facebook Ads, to analytics.
Having raised a new round of funding, Advisable wants to start to drastically increase the value we offer these freelancers.
To do this, we’re building out a community on top of Advisable.
Our goal is that this community becomes a huge part of the lives of those who are involved, helping them build collaborative and supportive relationships with one another, while also forming dynamic teams to tackle new client projects.
We’re looking for someone brilliant to be the driver & manager of this – working with our community leaders and community members to make it a success.
Who you are:
While we don’t care about specific credentials, we care that you can demonstrate convincingly that:
- You’re sociable and energetic: you bring energy and excitement to every conversation you’re a part of.
- You’re a great relationship builder: you come across as genuine and compassionate and people feel like they can trust you. You’re able to rapidly connect with people and maintain those connections.
- You can come across credible and professional: when people speak to you, they feel confident that you know what you’re talking about.
- You care deeply about your work: your work isn’t just a job to you and you care about doing things right.
- You’re a problem-solver: you like to figure out what’s going on and work to implement solutions.
- You’re organised: you’re able to figure out how to stay on top of a wide range of different projects and tasks.
- You have perfect spoken and written communication in English: while English doesn’t have to be your first language, you’re an excellent communicator.
- You have a high-level understanding of marketing: you know at a high-level what all the different areas of marketing are and how they interact.
- You like the idea of working in a startup: you like the idea of working in a fast-moving, rapidly-changing environment.
- You want to play a key role in building something significant: you want to be able to have a significant concrete output from your work.
- You’re a fast learner: you’re able to pick up new concepts quickly.
Nice to have:
- You have good knowledge of marketing: you have a deep understanding of all the different areas of marketing and how they intersect.
- You’re a great content creator: you’re able to write compelling emails, blogs, and more.
- You’ve been a freelancer before: you understand the pains of being a freelancer first-hand.
You should apply if:
- You’re passionate about great products: you want to build towards an outstanding product that users love.
- You want to build something with impact: you want what you build to have a significant impact on real people.
- You want to share in the success you help build: we believe in giving significant equity to everyone working with us.
- You believe in creating win-win scenarios at scale: we’ll only succeed if everyone wins from every interaction.
- You believe in constantly striving: we’re constantly working to be better and improving every element of what we do.
- You’re passionate about learning: learning is essential to what we do so we offer a €50/month book allowance.
- You want to work with an A+ team: our team has scaled startups that have sold to Google, built beautiful products across a range of industries, managed leading accelerators, and also worked in the traditional consultancy world.
- You want to work remotely: we’re remote-friendly and offer €1,000 for you to kit out your remote-work setup.
- While getting to know the team: you’re going to be working closely with the team so we have biannual team get-togethers to get to know each other.
- You value autonomy & responsibility: while working effectively with the team is key, we want people we can trust to be responsible for their own work.
- You want to help shape our culture: we’re still a small team so every hire will help shape our culture and company as we grow.
- You have a long-term outlook: we’re working towards building something significant for the long-term.
- You want to live a good life: while working hard is important, we believe that building something significant shouldn’t mean sacrificing your personal life.
Fill out a brief application here. We’ll get back to you with feedback within 24 hours.
Include a link to a short video via Loom.com or similar introducing yourself, your background, and why you’re interested in this role.