Data Science Associate (Growth)
Are you a data scientist in the early stages of your career?
Do you also have an interest in marketing, growth and customer acquisition?
Do you want to have a huge impact as an early team member of a fast-growing, freshly-funded startup?
Do you pride yourself as being someone who overcomes obstacles and does whatever it takes to figure things out?
If so, we have the perfect role for you.
What we’re building:
Advisable’s mission is to unlock the potential of the world’s top specialist talent.
For companies, this means making finding & hiring a top freelancer with any skill imaginable as easy as booking an Uber. We provide instant recommendations of talent based on complex client queries across hundreds of specialist skills – backed by a no questions asked money-back guarantee.
For top talent, we provide the tools, community, recognition, and opportunities they need to thrive as freelancers.
We’ve made tonnes of progress towards this goal and have been growing fast, doing 7 figures in bookings since launch. Our clients include companies like Stack Overflow, Zappos and SAP, and a number of freelancers have earned over $100,000 from their work on Advisable. Clients love our service with an average freelancer rating of 9.33/10.
However, we’re just getting started and we recently raised $3m in additional funding from Frontline Ventures, FJ Labs and some of Europe’s leading angels, including the founders of Supercell and Pipedrive.
Who you are:
- You might have a BSc or MSc in a numerical field and/or relevant experience in a data science role or you might just be the kind of person to have figured it out yourself.
- You likely have familiarity with graph databases (Neo4J preferable) and network analysis or are able to learn very quickly.
- You likely have a strong competency in python and the python numerical stack.
- You’re comfortable working with imperfect datasets and building your own data sets from scratch.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: you’re an entrepreneur at heart and are passionate about building new things and defying convention.
- Fast learner: you’re able to quickly pick up disparate skills and apply them to solve problems.
- First-principles problem-solving attitude: while there are proxies for various elements of what we’re doing, much of it hasn’t been done before. You’ll need to be able to think for yourself.
- Testing mentality: you like to relentlessly test things and you don’t get demotivated when things don’t work out. Instead, you want to try again. And again. And again.
- Striving mindset: when things DO work out, you’re never happy with where you are. You always want to improve things.
- Strategic mindset: you’re able to understand and action high-level strategies.
- Project management: you’re able to manage projects with many inputs. Hands-on approach: you’re enthusiastic about getting your hands dirty.
- Independence: you don’t need to be heavily supervised to get things done.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be working on a variety of different areas potentially including:
- Helping us to match our freelancers to potential clients: we have large amounts of data on both our freelancers and on potential clients. By analyzing these data sets, we want to match freelancers to companies who we think would be a great fit for them. We only want to show companies the freelancers who we are confident will be a great fit for them.
- Ad-targeting: we gather large amounts of data on potential clients and use data science to target them with relevant ads and emails — you’ll be helping us to bring this to the next level. This will involve working with large data sets to figure out what companies may need freelancers, as well as using the APIs of ad targeting platforms like LinkedIn Ads and Google Ads to algorithmically optimize effective advertising campaigns.
- Data scraping: running/overseeing the scraping of data from various online sources.
- Freelancer detection: you’ll help to improve the technologies that we use to detect freelancers who could be a good fit for joining Advisable.
- We’re currently building an online community for our freelancers – you’ll be central to this as we will use data to figure out which micro-communities we should create and which freelancers would benefit from talking to each other.
- Collaborate with teams across the entire company as data science needs arise across the various functions of the company.
- Using your learnings in your role to help drive product strategy within Advisable.
You should apply if:
- You believe in constantly striving: we’re constantly working to be better and improving every element of what we do.
- You want to build something with impact: you want what you build to have a significant impact on real people.
- You want to work with an A+ team: our team has scaled startups that have sold to Google, built beautiful products across a range of industries, managed leading accelerators, and also worked in the traditional consultancy world.
- You value autonomy & responsibility: while working effectively with the team is key, we want people we can trust to be responsible for their own work.
- You want to work remotely: we’re remote-first and offer €1,000 for you to kit out your remote-work setup.
- You’re passionate about learning: learning is essential to what we do so we offer a €50/month book allowance.
- You want to help shape our culture: we’re still a small team so every hire will help shape our culture and company as we grow.
Fill out a brief application here. We’ll get back to you with feedback within 24 hours.
Include a link to a short video introducing yourself, your background, and why you’re interested in working with Advisable for us to get a feel for your personality.