Full-Stack Product Engineer/MVP Builder (Contract)
Does the idea of building an MVP of a new product for a freshly-funded startup that counts companies like SAP, Lambda School, and Stack Overflow among its clients?
has helped hundreds of world-class freelancers across 500 different marketing skills earn millions of dollars in income by helping them get hired by clients like SAP, Lambda School, and Stack Overflow.
These freelancers are often world-leading experts in their areas of specialisation – from content marketing to Facebook Ads, to analytics.
Having raised a new round of funding, Advisable wants to start to drastically increase the value we offer these freelancers.
To do this, we’re building out a community product on top of Advisable.
Our goal is that this community becomes a huge part of the lives of those who are involved, helping them build collaborative and supportive relationships with one another, while also forming dynamic teams to tackle new client projects.
We’re looking for a brilliant product engineer to help us build out the MVP for this over a c. 2 month period.
Who you are:
While we don’t care about specific credentials or qualifications, we care that you can demonstrate convincingly that:
- MVP builder: you can build products from scratch and have done this in the past.
- Ruby on Rails: you’ve significant experience with Ruby on Rails.
- React: you have experience building frontend applications with React. The frontend of our main app is built with React and GraphQL
- You care about design: while you’ll mostly be transplanting and repurposing designs from elsewhere, you care about design and want things to look good
- UX: while you don’t have to be a UX expert, you like thinking through and implementing solutions that make sense from a user perspective.
- Not a perfectionist: We like to ship early and often to get feedback and insights into the things we are building. We don’t wait until we have the perfect version of something to ship it.
- Problem solver: you’re great at figuring out creative solutions to difficult problems.
- Startup-friendly: excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- You’re passionate about building great products: you want to build a great product that users love.
Nice to have:
- GraphQL: you have experience working with GraphQL APIs
- Design-skills: you’re able to build on top of designs
- Ruby on Rails
- Sidekiq with Redis
Fill out a brief application here. We’ll get back to you with feedback within 24 hours.
Include a video to a loom where you go through a product you built in the past and the rationale behind it.