Advisable.com identify and vet premium marketing freelancers for the world’s fastest growing companies. The company raised an angel round of €1 million from some of Europe’s highest profile entrepreneurs and investors in July 2018. Advisable is an entirely remote company working from countries all around the world.
About the team
● We’re looking for a Lead Engineer to motivate our high-performing applications team, responsible for development of core products, key to client and freelancer experience.
● Ruby on Rails is the core technology, but we also like Python, Scala and Go
● Supporting tech is around: Sidekiq, Redis, ElasticSearch, etc.
● Testing: RSpec + FactoryBot + Faker
● External services: newrelic, algolia, twilio, etc.
● We use Git, with work going through GitHub pull requests for review & merges.
● Our work approach is SCRUM inspired. A kanban board is used to keep track of work, which will generally go through four stages:
1) spec: requirements discovery and technical implications (deliverables, impact on data model etc)
2) development: feature and tests implementation, pull request and code reviews
3) QA: staging deployment and user testing
4) deployment: release into production
What you’ll achieve at Advisable:
● You’ll guide the architecture and development direction of the applications team to ensure quality code is written and excellent products are built.
● You’ll work across the software stack to deliver quality, maintainable and scalable code in order to power freelancers and clients alike.
● You’ll share knowledge with other team members via mentoring, code reviews, technical talks, or consulting on projects.
● You’ll break down complex projects into smaller problems and work with others to ensure that great products get delivered as a result.
● You’ll get insight into senior internal stakeholders, and have an active input into how Advisable grows globally from a Technology angle.
Who you are:
● You care deeply about engineering culture and the quality of products you and your team build.
● You drive change actively as you believe everything can be constantly improved.
● You’re knowledgeable in a broad spectrum of products and recent developments; making smart choices about technologies to be adopted.
● You are keen to mentor and grow your team, achieving lasting and significant goals.
● You like to be constantly challenged, working on a variety of different projects
and products, and interacting with sales, operations and production teams.
● You love to see our customers using your software in real time at our
conferences and to be proud of your work.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
● Ability to understand large, complex systems with many moving, interrelated parts.
● 3+ years of commercial experience in an OO Language, Ideally RoRs, but we also like Python, Scala and Go.
● Good understanding of AWS.
● Comfortable working in Scrum/Kanban environment, with Git Pull/code reviews.
Be healthy, curious and social:
● Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
● Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
● Master new skills from those you work with, talks and training initiatives.
● Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company trips abroad
Sound like a good fit?
Send us an email outlining why you’re interested in working with Advisable and why you think you’re a good fit for this role. Please attach your CV and/or a link to your LinkedIn profile.