Product Engineer (React/Ruby on Rails)
What we’re building:
Advisable.com’s goal is to make finding & hiring a top freelancer with any skill imaginable as easy as booking an Uber.
This means providing instant recommendations of talent based on complex client queries across hundreds of specialist skills – backed by a no questions asked money-back guarantee.
We’ve made tonnes of progress towards this goal and have been growing fast, doing 7 figures in bookings since launch. Our clients include companies like Stack Overflow, University of Maryland and SAP, and a number of freelancers have earned over $100,000 from their work on Advisable. Clients love our service with an average freelancer rating of 9.33/10.
However, we’re just getting started and we recently raised $2.5m in additional funding from Frontline Ventures, FJ Labs and some of Europe’s leading angels, including the founders of Supercell and Pipedrive.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a product engineer to join our team, with a particular focus on front-end development.
You’ll be responsible for building out new core & experimental features, as well as improving existing features.
- React: you have experience building frontend applications with React. This is where you will spend most of your time. Our entire frontend is built with React and GraphQL
- Ruby on Rails: you’ve built or contributed to complex Ruby on Rails applications in the past
- Design-orientation: strong intuition about product design and a zeal for sweating the details
- Startup-friendly: excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- High integrity: we want people we can fully trust
- Owner-mentality: you feel a strong sense of ownership in projects you participate in
- Problem-solving mindset: you’re like to think of creative solutions to difficult problems
- Product-oriented mindset: you have an appreciation for well-made, beautiful products
- Great communicator: you’re an excellent communicator, particularly written
- Fast-learner: you’re willing and able to pick new tools & technologies up quickly
Nice to have:
- Product design experience: significant experience in product design and user experience
- GraphQL: you have experience working with GraphQL APIs
- Back-end experience: Our app is a single Rails application. Knowing you’re way around a rails application is a big plus
You should apply if:
- You’re passionate about building great products: you want to build an outstanding product that users love.
- You want to build something with impact: you want what you build to have a significant impact on real people.
- You want to share in the success you help build: we believe in giving significant equity to everyone working with us.
- You believe in creating win-win scenarios at scale: we’ll only succeed if everyone wins from every interaction.
- You believe in constantly striving: we’re constantly working to be better and improving every element of what we do.
- You’re passionate about learning: learning is essential to what we do so we offer a €50/month book allowance.
- You want to work with an A+ team: our team has scaled startups that have sold to Google, built beautiful products across a range of industries, managed leading accelerators, and also worked in the traditional consultancy world.
- You want to work remotely: we’re remote-friendly and offer €1,000 for you to kit out your remote-work setup.
- While getting to know the team: you’re going to be working closely with the team so we have biannual team get-togethers to get to know each other.
- You value autonomy & responsibility: while working effectively with the team is key, we want people we can trust to be responsible for their own work.
- You want to help shape our culture: we’re still a small team so every hire will help shape our culture and company as we grow.
- You have a long-term outlook: we’re working towards building something significant for the long-term.
- You want to live a good life: while working hard is important, we believe that building something significant shouldn’t mean sacrificing your personal life.
Fill out a brief application here. We’ll get back to you with feedback within 24 hours.
Include a link to a short video introducing yourself, your background, and why you’re interested in working with Advisable for us to get a feel for your personality.